Shun Hing Best Student Paper Awards
There will be up to 3 best student paper awards sponsored by the Shun Hing Institute of Advanced Engineering, The Chinese University of Hong Kong. Both oral and poster papers are eligible. The selection criteria include:
- novelty of the paper
- relevance of the paper to the conference
- reviewers' scores and comments
- quality of (oral/poster) presentation
To be eligible for consideration, a paper must have a student as the first author who will present the paper during the conference. A list of short-listed candidates will be announced before the conference, and a team of judges will attend their presentations and decide the winners. The final results will be announced at the end of the conference.
After a vigorous review process, the following 3 student papers received the Shun Hing Best Student Paper Award.
- Mr. Mengxue CAO, "Acoustic and Articulatory Analysis on Japanese Vowels in Emotional Speech"
- Mr. Kuan-Lang HUANG, "TDOA Information Based VAD for Robut Speech Recognition in Directional and Diffuse Noise Field"
- Mr. Guoli YE, "Speaker-Ensemble Hidden Markov Modeling for Automatic Speech Recognition"